Osaki vs. Kahuna Massage Chairs
When looking for a new massage chair, the sheer number of available features and capabilities can be overwhelming when trying to compare top brands. This is especially true when looking at brands like Osaki, which actually is one of several different product lines distributed by the same company.
Let this post be your guide in reviewing two of today’s top massage chair manufacturers — Osaki and Kahuna — to see how the products stack up against each other and how they compare in pricing, customer service and shipping and delivery options.
Osaki vs. Kahuna Massage Chairs: Which Brand Is Right for You?
Osaki Brand Overview
Osaki massage chairs are designed and distributed by OTA World LLC, which also carries the Titan and Apex massage chair brands. Having been in operation for around 50 years, the Osaki line is known for carrying a large variety of massage chairs and having several budget-friendly options.
Most Osaki massage chairs have 3D or 4D technology rollers and S/L tracks within a space-saving design. Osaki’s standard models include most of the premium massage chair features, while the Pro line offers more luxury elements like variable 4D massage technology, full-head massage capsules, mobile app functionality, infrared lights and Bluetooth compatibility.
Osaki massage chairs are made in China and distributed out of Carrollton, Texas. In addition to massage chairs, OTA World offers a wide range of wellness devices, including handheld massagers, fitness machines, foot massagers and back relief products.
Osaki Massage Chairs Overview: Quality, Pricing & More
- The general quality of Osaki brand massage chairs is considered to be moderate, with an expected 10 to 15 year lifespan when properly maintained and appropriately used. Higher end models in the Pro line will be more expensive, but come with a more extensive list of features.
- Expect a price range of $1,999 — $8,000 depending on the model of the chair.
- OTA World offers a standard 3 year parts warranty for all Osaki massage chairs, with an extended option of up to 5 years. The standard warranty covers no-cost structural framework repairs and labor for 1 year. There is a 90-day parts warranty for smaller items and a 30-day money-back guarantee return policy.
- Osaki orders placed within the contiguous United States are shipped out within 48 hours of purchase. All delivery is curbside unless otherwise specified. OTA World offers a white glove option, which includes in-home assembly; however, the white glove delivery will add about 1–2 weeks to the standard lead time.
- While massage styles and features will vary depending on the chair model, there are kneading, vibrating, tapping, air bag, reflexology, Swedish and Shiatsu options available.
Selected Top Osaki Massage Chairs
Part of the bestselling OS-4000 Series, the Osaki OS-4000CS offers an array of features like space saving technology, computer body scan, 24 airbag massage and zero gravity position.
Price: $1,999 – $4,295
|Kneading, Rolling, Shiatsu, Tapping||3-Level Shoulder Adjustment, L-Track Massage, Dual Action Massage, Foot Air Massage, Heat on Lumbar, Space Saving Technology, Zero Gravity||Black, Brown, Ivory|
Osaki OS-3D Otamic LE
Thanks to its ergonomic SL track and 5 levels of depth adjustments for its 3D rollers, the Osaki OS-3D Otamic LE provides a wide range of massage techniques to complement its many luxurious features.
|Clapping, Kneading, Rolling, Shiatsu, Tapping||Automatic Footrest Extension, Built-in Bluetooth Speakers, Computer Body Scan, Lower Back and Feet Heating Pads, Stretch Massage Mode, Zero Gravity||Black, Brown, Taupe|
Osaki Pro First Class
With an L-track system of 3D rollers, the Osaki Pro First Class provides 23 auto programs and a touch screen remote for a wide range of custom massage options.
Price: $4,999 – $5,498
|Flapping, Grasping, Kneading, Shiatsu, Swedish||Adjustable Calf Position, Air Ionizer, Built-in Bluetooth Speakers, Extendable Footrest Full Body Air Massage, L-Track Massage, Manual Massage Settings, Space Saving Technology, Two Step Zero Gravity Mode, USB Connector, Unique Foot Roller Massage||Beige, Black, Brown, Dark Gray|
See our 5 Best Osaki Massage Chair blog post for details on other top-rated Osaki massage chairs.
Kahuna Brand Overview
With a brand name that translates to “expert,” the Kahuna Massage Chair line has established itself as a reliable and value-based brand. Manufactured by AJX LL, the Kahuna line has been a leading global brand of massage chairs, foot and leg massagers since its founding in 1997.
Kahuna chairs are made in China with distribution based out of Cypress, California. Most of Kahuna’s chairs have airbags and zero gravity features and features both automatic and manual settings. Several models of massage chairs have S/L track technology and are designed to provide a head-to-toe massage experience.
Kahuna Massage Chairs Overview: Quality, Pricing & More
- The quality of Kahuna chairs is considered to be moderate, often with a respectable list of features for their lower priced chairs. Premium models are more expensive, but will contain some special features to be expected of more luxury brands. Expect a 10 to 15 year lifespan if the chairs are properly maintained.
- Expect a price range of $1,800 — $9,000 depending on the model of the chair.
- Kahuna offers a minimum 1 year parts warranty across their line, though actual details will vary by chair model. Customers must register for the warranty within a month of purchase. Kahuna also offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee and, if the return is due to an error made by Kahuna, they will pay the shipping costs. Any purchases made through third-party vendors may be subject to different return policies.
- Kahuna can ship most products anywhere in the world and will calculate the shipping time and costs at the time of purchase based on the weight of the massage chair. If ordered within the contiguous United States, shipping will typically take 10–18 days. A white glove service may be purchased for an additional $200 fee and may add up to a week to the delivery time.
- While massage styles and features will vary depending on the chair model, there are tapping, kneading, reflexology, vibrating, rolling and Shiatsu options available.
Selected Top Kahuna Massage Chairs
Kahuna LM 6800S
With 6 automatic body massage programs and 5 areas of focus from the neck down to the buttocks, the LM 6800S provides a full body treatment that’s customized to your body.
|Kneading, Rolling, Shiatsu, Tapping||3 Zero Gravity Positions, 36 Air Bag Massagers, Back and Legs Heath Therapy, Buttock Roller Massage, Computer Body Scan Space Saving Design, Stretchable & Flexible Footrest Yoga Stretching||Black, Chocolate Brown, Dark Brown|
Kahuna SM 7300S
Thanks to its SL-track, 6 roller system the SM 7300S provides full body massage treatment for a specialized and targeted therapy. Plus, its calf and foot massagers provide additional coverage for the lower legs.
|Kneading, Knocking, Shiatsu, Tapping||3 Foot Roller Techniques, Back and Legs Heath Therapy, Built-in Bluetooth Speakers, Computer Body Scan Dual Air-cell Calf Massage, Space Saving Design, Stretchable & Flexible Footrest Yoga Stretching, Zero Gravity Positions||Black, Brown, Cloud|
Simple to use and fully assembled, the Kahuna EM-Arete provides full-body comfort thanks to its easy-to-use manual controls and 24 automatic options for its SL-track 3D roller massage system.
Price: $5,799 — $6,999
|Kneading, Knocking, Rolling, Tapping||Built-in Bluetooth Speakers, Foot Extension, Heating Therapy, Rotating Calf Massage, Tablet Remote, USB Cable Port, Vegan Leather Upholstery, Zero Gravity Positions||Black, Brown/ Black, Ivory/Brown|
See our 5 Best Kahuna Massage Chair blog post for details of other top-rated Kahuna massage chairs.
Osaki vs. Kahuna Brand Comparison
|Price Range||$1,999 — $8,000||$1,800 — $9,000|
|Warranty||Standard 3 year parts warranty, extended 5 year option||Minimum 1 year parts warranty, actual details vary by chair model|
|Shipping and Delivery||Shipping anywhere in the world, expect 48 hours turn-around in the contiguous United States.||Shipping anywhere in the world, will take 10–18 days within the contiguous United States|
|White Glove Delivery||Optional, will add 1-2 weeks to delivery||May be purchased for an additional $200 fee, may add up to a week to the delivery time.|
|Massage Types||Depending on model, can include flapping, grasping, kneading, shiatsu, swedish and tapping.||Depending on model, can include kneading, knocking, rolling, shiatsu and tapping.|
|30-day Money-back Guarantee||Yes, buyer will be charged for ALL delivery and shipping charges||Yes, Kahuna will pay the shipping costs if their error, otherwise buyer will be charged|
Which Massage Chair Brand Is Right for You?
No matter what massage chair features you’re looking for, the team of specialists at Massage Chair Store has the knowledge and expertise to help you choose your ideal massage chair. If you’ve seen something you like from either the Kahuna or Osaki lines of massage chairs, chances are we carry a comparable model from Infinity, Kyota or Sharper Image that will match your needed features and budget.
Give us a call to discuss your options with one of our massage chair experts to experience our A+ level of customer service. Book your free consultation today.